Posted on October 5, 2022 at 10:03 AM by Tracey Boswell
Teaching Life Skills at the Library: Programs and Activities on Money Management, Career Development, and More by Kimberli S. Buckley, 2002, ALA Editions is now available at the Kansas State Library.
Posted on September 12, 2022 at 8:56 AM by Tracey Boswell
The State Library of Kansas has recently purchased several books related to working practices in libraries.
Posted on May 13, 2021 at 11:16 AM by Brian Herder
Copyright Law for Librarians and Educators: Creative Strategies and Practical Solutions - Fourth Edition (2020)
Kenneth D. Crews
law never sleeps, making it imperative to keep abreast of the latest
developments. Declared “an exemplary text that seals the standards for
such books” (Managing Information), this newly revised and
updated edition by respected copyright authority Crews offers timely
insights and succinct guidance for LIS students, librarians, and
educators alike. Readers will
- learn basic copyright definitions and key exceptions for education and library services;
- find information quickly with “key points” sidebars, legislative citations, and cross-references;
- get up to speed on fresh developments, such as how the recently
signed Marrakesh Treaty expands access for people with disabilities and
why the latest ruling in the Georgia State University case makes
developing a fair use policy so important;
- understand the concept of fair use, with fresh interpretations of its many gray areas that will aid decision making;
- learn the current state of affairs regarding mass digitization,
Creative Commons, classroom use and distance education, the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act, and other important topics;
- receive guidance on setting up on a copyright service at a library, college, or university; and
- find many helpful checklists for navigating copyright in various situations.
This straightforward, easy-to-use guide provides the tools
librarians and educators need to take control of their rights and
responsibilities as copyright owners and users.