Kansas Library News Blogs
- Federal Resources for Kansans - The State Library of Kansas is a Federal Depository library, a recipient of U.S. government publications. This blog highlights some of the many fascinating resources the Federal Government provides.
- From the Reference Desk - topic of interest with links to further information, for research or just for fun (usually bi-monthly).
- From the Third Floor - State Librarian's Office
- KGI Online Library - weekly (Thursdays or Fridays) post on interesting items or special topics from the Kansas Government Information Online Library, which is digitally preserving Kansas government publications.
- Librarian News
- Statewide Online Services News - covers any updates for digital books, databases, the Kansas Library eCard, and more. Book of the week (BoW) is posted Wednesdays, and a different database is highlighted every other month.
- State Library's LIS Collection - describes newly-published Library and Information Science books recently acquired by the State Library. These books can then be requested throughout the state via local Inter Library Loan.
- Talking Books Talk - provides news and updates about the Kansas Talking Books Service (KTBS). Talking Books staff will highlight relevant announcements from KTBS and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
Our staff shares what we’ve been reading recently. Check out these books. All are available on BARD Mobile, ready to read in minutes with a few taps on your mobile device. For more information on BARD, visit ...
Take a look at what our staff is reading this month and find a book for your next read. Nataly Renfro, Machine Clerk DB 110257 Soul taken [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=284451633.6232] by Patricia Briggs Annotation: "The vampire...
DBC17313 The Other Side of Silence [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=291049527.6232] by Bill Pronzini DBC17332 The Pine Tar Game [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=303085612.6232] : The Kansas City Royals, the New York Yankees,...
Schools that serve eligible talking book users can access the entire National Library Service for the Blind & Print Disabled (NLS) collection of audio and braille books, magazines, and instructional music materials through BARD with their...