Kansas Library News Blogs
- Federal Resources for Kansans - The State Library of Kansas is a Federal Depository library, a recipient of U.S. government publications. This blog highlights some of the many fascinating resources the Federal Government provides.
- From the Reference Desk - topic of interest with links to further information, for research or just for fun (usually bi-monthly).
- From the Third Floor - State Librarian's Office
- KGI Online Library - weekly (Thursdays or Fridays) post on interesting items or special topics from the Kansas Government Information Online Library, which is digitally preserving Kansas government publications.
- Librarian News
- Statewide Online Services News - covers any updates for digital books, databases, the Kansas Library eCard, and more. Book of the week (BoW) is posted Wednesdays, and a different database is highlighted every other month.
- State Library's LIS Collection - describes newly-published Library and Information Science books recently acquired by the State Library. These books can then be requested throughout the state via local Inter Library Loan.
- Talking Books Talk - provides news and updates about the Kansas Talking Books Service (KTBS). Talking Books staff will highlight relevant announcements from KTBS and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
From the Director’s Desk Winter greetings. The end of the year is quickly approaching and with it comes a bit of reflection. 2022 is our first full year with all patrons receiving customized talking book cartridges and the change has been...
We've got an eclectic selection of books from our KTB staff. Michael Lang, Director DB 110551 Sign here [https://kstb.klas.com/title/summary.jsf?id=284933286.6232] by Claudia Lux "A darkly humorous, surprisingly poignant, and utterly...
November is National Native American Heritage Month or American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month. It celebrates and recognizes the varied and rich cultures, traditions, history, and societal contributions of America’s indigenous people...
Kansas Talking Books has recorded hundreds of books in house for over a decade in our Gerald Kopp studio. Of those books, many have been children’s books. Mos often, we focus on books appearing on the William Allen White Award and the Kansas...
It’s time again for those delicious holiday dinners with friends and family. If you are cooking or hosting the Thanksgiving meal this year, there are federal resources to answer your questions about cooking the turkey and safely packing up the...
How does this sound? You get paid to learn and gain practical experience in a new career! That's what happens in an apprenticeship. National Apprenticeship Week is November 14-20, 2022....